Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Quest

So I am going through all avenues to pick the one concert I am going to in the most nearest future. Not because I am allowed only one, but because money crunching will only permit one. Or two…or maybe three.
OMG CAN I GO?!?!
Thank you for the most epic calendar ever!!
Now where were we?
OMG CAN I GO?!?!

Mon 18 April – Metal As Fuck Monday! – Skeletonwitch and 3 Inches Of Blood and Radical Discharge and Ethereal Genocide at the Ottobar (Baltimore, Maryland) – Modern thrash act Skeletonwitch headlines a killer metal show at the Ottobar on this Monday night in April. They’re bringing with them 3 Inches Of Blood and Radical Discharge and Northern Virginia based death metal band Ethereal Genocide is opening this show only. Should be killer. If that wasn’t good enough, everyone over 21 at the show will get a voucher for free beer at the upstairs bar after the show where they’ll be playing heavy metal tunes on the stereo the rest of the night. Tickets cost $12 ($15.50 after fees if you buy a ticket online from Mission Tix). The doors open at 7pm and the show starts at 7:30pm. It’s open to all ages


Sounds like a BLAST, right?! Metal. As. Fuck. Monday! I absolutely love it!! To warn you, there will be many punctuation marks in this post. I apologize in advance if you can’t keep up. I’m just so freakin excited!!!
…and then I realize it says, BALTIMORE. Damn I guess I can’t go on a weeknight. But I push on.

What’s this?
OMG CAN I GO????

Tues 10 MayDestruction and Deströyer 666 and Heathen and Warbeast at Bourbon Street (Baltimore, DAMNIT!!!!
 Maryland) – Destruction is one of the big three German thrash bands from the 80s (along with Kreator and Sodom) and they’re coming to Baltimore on this Tuesday in May. They’re touring with Australian band Destroyer 666. I don’t know who the local openers are yet, but I’ll post them when I do. Tickets are $20 advance ($23.50 after fees if you buy a ticket online from Mission Tix) or $25 the day of the concert. Doors open at 7pm and the show starts at 8pm and it’s open to all ages.
UPDATE: Deströyer 666 has dropped off the tour due to injury of one of the band members (more info here). They have been replaced by Bay area thrashers Heathen.

But. Wait! WHAT’S THIS?


Fri 13 MayDestruction and Deströyer 666 and Heathen and Warbeast and Division and Jotunn at Jaxx (Springfield, Virginia) YES!!!!
– Destruction is one of the big three German thrash bands from the 80s (along with Kreator and Sodom) and they’re coming to Jaxx for a Friday night show. They’re touring with Australian band Destroyer 666. I don’t know who the local openers are yet, but I’ll post them when I do. Tickets are $17 advance ($24.75 after fees if you buy a ticket online from Ticketmaster) and $20 the day of the show. Doors are at 7:30 and the show starts at 8pm.
UPDATE: Deströyer 666 has dropped off the tour due to injury of one of the band members (more info here). They have been replaced by Bay area thrashers Heathen.

Should be an interesting show.WARBEAST!! Early show, nice. Not 10 bands playing, nice. Friday night, nice.
We will see what else the region has to offer tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment